Monday, August 22, 2011

Yarn of the Moment: Estonian Veljesta Pöllö

So when I was in Estonia last month, I saw quite a lot of knitwear and some pretty cool yarn. Applaud my self-control, fellow crafters...I only brought back two skeins. One was for my good friend Knitella, and the other was this lovely Veljesta Pöllö. I picked them both up for about 6 Euros. 
According to the all-knowing oracle that is Google Translate, "Veljesta Pöllö" means "owl wheels"...makes sense, since there's an owl on the label(which has, unfortunately and inappropriately, gone the way of the buffalo...so no pics). I don't know why it's called that, but I do know this...I LOVE the colorway of this yarn...it's sort of a muted neutral pallette of brown and cream and tan, with speck of blue and green. It's 75% wool and 25% acrylic but feels more like acrylic than wool so far.

The project you see on my hook is an eventual earwarmer...although it's since been frogged since I thought it'd be prettier in a basketweave stitch rather than a ribbed one. 

Is anybody using any interesting yarn lately? If so, drop me a line in the comments box and tell me what it is!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment