Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SweetShop Adventure; Gangnam Stitchers meetup!

Excuse me while I blow the dust off this blog, beautiful people...

*whoosh*

Okay, so yeah. Your friendly neighborhood patternista has moved to a whole different neighborhood...one in South Korea. It's *definitely* an adventure. I've only been here for a little over a month so I don't have loads to say about the experience yet but I WILL say that I have missed crafting and crafty spaces. In my area there don't seem to be a lot of those things.

Being the yarnaholic that I am, I hied myself hence to meetup.com and typed "yarn" and "Seoul" into the search engine.

A week later I was sitting in a Starbucks in Gangnam working on this...
What that is, exactly, is still tbd.  

You may have heard of Gangnam...I hear there's a song about it...

The meetup was great--met some cool people, including a 60-ish Korean lady who learned to crochet in high school, loves Elvis, and has traveled all over the world and a lovely lady from Preston who is an artist and a pretty good knitter! 

I didn't take many pictures and because I've just met the Gangnam Stitchers I don't have a lot to say yet. But trust, I'll be going back soon! I plan on heading to Dongdaemun markets and checking out the yarn market as well...but in the meanwhile, I just wanted to do a quick post to let you all know that yes, I'm alive and still crafting. Stay tuned for East Asian yarn shenanigans in the future.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment